Wednesday 29 February 2012

2.59.11- Experience Just One time

My office in Chennai is just couple of floors from basement and so I just climb by stairs. You become habitual to certain things if you keep doing them. For lot others the means to come is Lifts..

Lifts what an invention(Machine)...It is true it saves so much of our human energy.. Remember the Nanban Dialogue. 

My office is now in 16th Floor ( ie 20th Floor from Ground after parking ). The very first day when I went to the security to get my ID card, they took me through an 10 mins video about the fire safety procedure. They showed how to evacuate and where is the safety area and what are the thing you got to collect while evacuating and which is the correct bell to evacuate

Fire in London is something great.. There were fire two time in City of London and cause a huge damage. The " Great Fire of London" in 17th century and " Second Great fire of London" in 20th century.. Both the fires took in the central London and that's where my office is....Oh my God Save me I thought to myself.

There is no big difference when compared to procedure back in Chennai..
But the Only BIG difference is the number of floors...

I thought in my mind that I should take the stairs at-least once during my visit... Definitely not while climbing up I thought :-)


It so happened last Friday 24th Feb around 3.00 pm there was a Fire alarm in the building. It was continuous alarm. The PA system was announcing that there is a malfunction in the system... Lifts are all down to ground level and stopped functioning...

I started off at 4.30 pm... Reluctantly telling to my self Ayyo..so many floors to walk...

I was just about to go near the stairs door, something stuck in my mind. Being a Fire Warden why should I worry of taking the stairs. My Fire Marshals face was just in front of me asking me to time to time I come down...

I took my mobile - set the Stop Watch - Pressed the button and started coming down.. I made it in 2.59.11( 2 Mins 59 Secs ).. Believe me it was amazing experience just to walk down 20 floors..Oh.. What an experience..

Sometimes its worth focusing on the positive side of any situation than just to get carried away by the Negative effect. Result - Experience the Experience Atleast one time....... 





















   


1 comment:

  1. get me a job in a company that has so many floors pls :D

    ReplyDelete